At Rush, we are extremely proud to support and give back in our local community. Throughout the year, our Rush Gives committee helps allocate corporate donations to local non-profits and charities.
In 2018 we were proud to support in the following ways:
- Boys & Girls Club of South Puget Sound ice cream social
- We had a blast serving the kiddos and playing basketball for an afternoon.
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- At the annual Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk in Tacoma, we were proud photo-booth sponsors. Proceeds from the Walk benefit breast cancer patients in the South Sound.
- Gig Harbor Maritime Association
- We were a proud participant of the annual Maritime Gig Festival and helped raise awareness of South Sound CARE Foundation with our parade float.
- Gig Harbor Paddler's Cup and Dragon Boat Races
- We proudly participated in the Dragon Boat race and supported the Gig Harbor Canoe and Kayak Racing Team which went on to win the 2018 National Championships, with the help of the support from this event.
- Rotary Club of Gig Harbor Midday
- We had a great time sponsoring a hole at the Gig Harbor Rotary's annual Golferitaville tournament on the McCormick Woods golf course! Proceeds from the tournament supports organizations in our community that help at-risk youth and families.
- Harbor History Museum
- History Rocks Auction Sponsor
- Nourish Food Bank
- We donated over 8,000 pounds of food to those that are in need.
- Mary ’s Place
- We were honored to be a donor this year to this organization that Mary’s provides safe, inclusive shelter and services that support women, children and families on their journey out of homelessness..
- Junior Daffodil Parade
- We were a sponsor and had a fabulous time handing out treats to attendees
- Tacoma Greek Orthodox Festival
- Cystic Fibrosis Walk
- We were proud to be the title sponsor and participated in this important event that raises funds for CF research.
- Tacoma/Pierce County Habitat For Humanity
- We were the Wall of Hope sponsor at the Habitat's annual Changing Lives Luncheon. Our team wrote messages of hope on a 2x6 wooden stud that was raised in its permanent Habitat home this year!
- South Sound CARE Foundation
- For the fifth year, we were the Founding Underwriting Sponsor with over 40 volunteers for CARE'S Beer and Bites fundraising auction, which raised over $640,000 for cancer research and trials in the South Sound.
The South Sound is our home, and we're proud to be a part of a company that makes an impact beyond our daily business projects, that encourages all of us to support the families that share this community with us. Thank you to all of our team members for their time, effort, energy and passion they have given their community this year.