NOW HIRING: Facilities Manager
Rush Properties Inc., (RPI), is a commercial real estate services firm that provides property management, brokerage, and facilities services. RPI is currently seeking a Facilities Manager to join our team and be responsible for the first-class operation and management of a growing portfolio of commercial buildings in the Puget Sound region. The purpose of this position is to increase the value of our portfolio by performing and overseeing the efficient maintenance of an assigned group of commercial buildings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partners with the in-office service team to respond quickly and effectively to tenant requests for service.
- Represents the company professionally during all interactions with tenants, vendors and team members.
- Performs diagnostics, repairs and routine building maintenance in an efficient and effective manner.
- Serves as lead project manager for maintenance and improvement work performed by outside vendors.
- Manages vendor contracts, relationships and trains vendors on work order and billing procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of operating and capital budgets.
- Processes certain invoices and ensures proper cost center coding.
- Reviews periodic reports including financials and explains variances. Works with finance team to correct errors.
- Uses PC, mobile applications and/or tablet for work order system, email, and process and procedure training.
- Responsible to research, coordinate work and assign tasks.
- Responsible to understand and manage the Operations and Maintenance Manual for each assigned building.
- Serve as the team resource (go-to-person) on certain types of maintenance challenges (specialist).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical training on HVAC/mechanical, plumbing, and electrical trades preferred. EL07 Electrical license or trainee card preferred.
- Experience successfully managing commercial construction / tenant improvement projects.
- Prior experience with computer-based HVAC controls systems and Building Operating Systems is preferred.
- Ability to accurately use mobile work order and time card system.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize projects and manage broad facility responsibilities.
- Basic knowledge of financial terms and principles with basic analytical skills.
- Ability to comprehend instructions and correspondence and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to make decisions with general understanding of procedures to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Valid Washington state driver’s license and acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
- Works indoors and outdoors, in all-weather as necessary. Able to self-direct and work alone or as part of a team.
- This is a mobile maintenance position working from a company service vehicle
- Minimum of 3 years of prior commercial facilities maintenance experience.
- Intermediate skills with mobile applications and Microsoft Office.
- Team-oriented – willing to help others to achieve overall company goals.
- Detail - oriented – ability to stay organized while engaging in multiple tasks and delivering accurate work product on deadlines.
- Positive attitude – strives to create a collaborative and unified environment.
- Strong time management skills – self-motivated in completing tasks efficiently.
- Strong communication skills – ability to effectively communicate written and orally with customers, vendors, and team members.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs or more.
How to Apply
You may click below to email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity & Drug-Free Employer
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job duties and responsibilities
>>DOWNLOAD PDF JOB DESCRIPTION