The Rush Companies is seeking an energetic & forward-thinking IT Manager to join our team. This person will be our business problem solving partner and will work closely and collaboratively with our third-party IT Managed Service Provider. The right person will be eager to maintain, design and implement database solutions and management systems software for optimal performance as well as analyze business procedures and problems to refine data and identify database structural necessities as well as lead the team to the ongoing changing environment in technology. This person will be responsible for database response time and availability, back up strategy, understating, troubleshooting, planning and supporting the needs of each division.
• Identify and implement software solutions to optimize business operations
• Develop workflow analysis, business process reviews and create functional specifications
• Manage & assess outside vendors and subcontractors to ensure performance expectations and customer satisfaction
• Tracks and maintains systems and application upgrades and changes
• Negotiates support contracts and renewals
• Troubleshoot software issues
• Build and maintain relationship with software systems vendors and manage the purchase of support contracts, licenses and upgrades.
• Become the “pro” of all software systems in use and fully understand and leverage features, admin functions and configurations.
• Assist department managers in evaluating potential software solutions
• Assist department managers in implementing software systems and training users
• Develop training and support resources for users
• Work with department managers to develop reports for business analysis
• Develop SOP’s
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or a closely related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• 10+ years’ experience in progressively responsible technology roles
• 3+ years’ experience engaging with all levels of management including senior level executives
• Strong background and experience with ODBC, working with enterprise applications and complex systems integrations
• Demonstrate strong vendor management skills
• Detailed knowledge of project management, application development and support methodologies and application life cycle management
• Experience creating strong working relationships with customers, peers and technology teams across all levels of the organization
• Experience working with Sage products is preferred but not required.
Successful candidates will have strong leadership capabilities, a technical background, strong negotiations skills with contracts and purchasing, have excellent problem solving and communication skills, and the ability to think strategically long-term. You should also be a critical thinker, have the ability to prioritize and have strong decision-making skills. You should not only be passionate about delivering leading-edge IT solutions but should also be obsessed with continuous improvement, contribution to the development of high-performing teams and individuals and possess a high degree of emotional intelligence.
• Able to move freely throughout the building to access file cabinets, office equipment, supply room, etc., and ability to lift up to 20 lbs
You may click below to email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity & Drug-Free Employer
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job duties and responsibilities
>>DOWNLOAD PDF JOB DESCRIPTION