NOW HIRING: Superintendent, Rush Residential
Department: Rush Residential
Reports To: Area Construction Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
This position manages the entire home construction process in one or multiple communities. Initiates mobilization at permit issuance; reinforces plat maintenance/safety standards; manages field staff work priorities and provides accurate communication throughout the team. The individual who fills the role of superintendent must possess a wide range of knowledge and experience in understanding lot layout, staking property lines, determining foundation cuts, utility installations, competency in a variety of residential construction trades and in understanding and complying with jurisdictional requirements. Daily priorities must be routinely analyzed and scheduled to meet deadlines. This person must be flexible and able to multi-task, possess a willingness to delegate effectively by providing training and clear communication. Attention to detail and accuracy is incorporated into all daily work.
- Set up project at commencement of build, including site fencing, security, site logistics, water, electrical and gas installation and maintaining all erosion control BMP’s
- Responsible for jobsite safety, enforcement of company safety policies with suppliers and team members, and adherence to Labor and Industries requirements. This includes conducting weekly safety walks and weekly plat walks and; maintaining plat safety binders, and safety meetings as required
- Contribute to and communicate accurate and timely schedule information with daily updates
- Ensure that each home is constructed to the standards established for each community and to each buyer’s specifications including upgrade selections
- Schedule all inspections with governing authorities to ensure timely approvals of construction progress
- Provide technical support to subcontractors. Assist in interpretation, layout and dimensional questions
- Responsible for the inspection of homes as trades complete their work to ensure scopes of work are completed in a quality fashion and within the duration allowed
- Proven track record demonstrating self-motivation and ability to work/plan independently
- Must meet production deadlines; strategizes planning and coordination of home delivery with both field and office staff
- Applies expertise in identifying problems or discrepancies in approved plans and works collaboratively to make corrections in next builds
- Identifies and checks for consistency when building plans multiple times
- Work to identify improvement opportunities that lead to increases in quality and efficiency
- Communicates openly with Team Members, including input on home design, engineering, and construction means and methods.
- Participate in analysis of and discussions on cost over runs, subcontractor/supplier issues, broken or damaged deliveries and field purchase orders
- The Superintendent is responsible for the overall appearance of their communities and must possess a willingness to work with property management company and office staff to ensure the cleanliness and overall presentation to attract buyers
High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum of 4+ years of residential construction management experience
- First Aid & CPR certifications preferred
- CESCL certification preferred
- Proficient in reading/understanding architectural and structural plan sets
- Clear communication is required between site superintendent, field/office staff to discuss and delegate tasks and priorities
- Professional demeanor and willingness to participate as a team leader is a plus in this position.
- Superintendents are considered role models for other field staff and should demonstrate these qualities when representing the company
The physical demands of this job will require safely moving around construction, uneven surfaces, stairways, and may require moving or transporting materials on site.
Occasional operation of equipment/machinery and training others on construction related tasks on an active construction site.
The ability to lift weight up to 50 pounds is required
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range: $85,000 - $113,000
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K) matching, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, bonus pay, company vehicle and gas card.
Our team members at The Rush Companies have a strong reputation for exercising integrity, good judgment and sound business practices in our dealings with clients, consultants, subcontractors and suppliers. We are committed to selecting only those individuals who share in our loyalties while also maintaining our standards of quality and safety.
For more information about The Rush Companies or the application process, go to:
How to Apply
You may click below to email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity & Drug-Free Employer
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job duties and responsibilities
>>DOWNLOAD PDF JOB DESCRIPTION