NOW HIRING: Business Development and Marketing Associate
Department: Rush Commercial
Reports To: Director of Operations, Rush Commercial
The Rush Companies is a partnership of six companies with common ownership focused in real estate across multiple industries, markets and client types. Unlike any other firm in the Northwest, Rush offers unparalleled insights and expertise in Real Estate and Development. The Rush Companies is looking for a dynamic, high performing and results-driven individual to join our team! The ideal Business Development Associate will have a proven track record of exceeding real estate sales quotas, is motivated by the thrill of finding new deals, and is capable of building and growing a pipeline of the business. Candidate must have experience navigating through organizations and speaking to multiple decision-makers.
The primary focus of this position will be to manage the tactical execution of business development and targeted marketing projects for Rush’s commercial construction division (RCC) and will spend a large portion of their day prospecting and checking in with existing clients and their needs. This position may be asked to also perform work for the remaining five Rush Companies; however, the greatest effort will be to promote the reputation and brand of RCC throughout the Puget Sound region.
- Build and maintain existing and prospective client relationships with the objective of introducing and positioning our company, services, and products to the key decision-makers and ultimately win the business.
- Organize and lead proposal responses. Coordinate with project staff on the research, production and delivery of RFPs and RFQs.
- Meet with clients regularly while actively seeking out and developing new business opportunities, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline.
- Provide weekly sales activity reports.
- Coordinate CRM entries, use and education. Provide updated data for marketing meetings.
- Execute various communications to include distribution of press releases, email newsletters and/or intranet updates, etc.
- Manage inventory and ordering of all marketing materials
- Act as a brand steward, upholding brand standards and consistency in all projects
- Attend functions to promote/represent RCC in the AEC and educational communities.
- Conduct market research for RCC use in pursuing new markets or clients to help drive strategy
- Work with TRC staff to research, collect, edit and produce written web content as needed.
- Monitor site content and ensure information displayed on the website is accurate and current.
- Prepare photographic or video information for web presence or arrange for vendors to provide.
- Use CMS to create and manage web content.
- Deadlines and events may happen outside standard business hours on occasion.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Marketing communications experience in copywriting, graphic design, or PR
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook
- Experienced working with databases, CRM, and CMS platforms
- Proven track record of success prospecting for new business
- Ability to confidently interface with clients and decision-makers
- Easy to get along with and secure in temperament
- Results driven, proactive and able to work autonomously
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Business Management, or related field
- 2-4 years’ experience in business development and sales
- 1-2 years’ experience in marketing or related function at agency or internal MarCom department.
- Construction, real estate, or A/E experience strongly preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation: $85,000-$110,000
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401 (K) matching, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off and Bonus Pay.
How to Apply
You may click below to email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity & Drug-Free Employer
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job duties and responsibilities
>>DOWNLOAD PDF JOB DESCRIPTION